The purpose of the Forum is to bring together a network of academics, businesses and third sector organisations in the South West who have an interest in a wide range of environment and human health issues, with a focus on research and policy development.
- Provides a critical mass of expertise to build relationships with funders and influence policy makers;
- Acts as a platform for sharing knowledge and information; effectively as a “one stop shop” to publicise activities in the local community, the region, nationally and internationally;
- Supports and facilitates special interest focus groups, enabling the development of collaborative projects to target key research questions and businesses research needs;
- Is guided by the needs and interests of members.
The forum meets biannually and is currently co-chaired by Professor Michael Depledge and Professor Lora Fleming and hosted by The European Centre for Environment & Human Health.
Benefits for Business
An opportunity to
- Engage with research experts and practitioners in a diverse variety of fields, including experts in healthy workplaces, communication, business innovation and sustainability;
- Make connections with other businesses who could expand your customer base by complementing and adding value to your own business;
- Be involved in identifying the research needs of businesses in specific areas e.g. climate change, sustainable design, carbon foot printing;
- Develop projects in collaboration with research experts;
- Have access to specialised knowledge that could enhance your business e.g. research findings.
- Be connected to international experts in the fields of environment, health and well being
- Be involved in an exciting and innovative research centre.
If you are interested in joining the forum, please contact us stating your role and particular interests.